The criteria for admission into the program for all newcomers will be based on their ability to participate voluntarily and benefit from the services we offer. Next Step Behavioral Houston is a private pay agency. We also accept most insurances. Please keep in mind just because we accept insurance that does not mean treatment is covered. It is your responsibility to call the insurance company to verify coverage for residential treatment. In all cases, there will be an out of pocket monthly expense for room and board, which is not covered by insurance.
If you or your family member meets the admission criteria listed below, please call us. We are ready to discuss our treatment program and began the healing and growth work.
• Age 18 or older
• Diagnosed as having a mental illness
• Ability to self-administer medications under the staff supervision
• Ability to participate in treatment programming and services
• No medical conditions that requires ongoing nursing care 24/7
• Maintains personal hygiene and grooming with staff supervision
• Can perform assigned household chores with staff supervision
• Performs assigned household chores with and without staff supervision
• Can maintain cleanliness of shared bathroom space
Special Admission Criteria: This level of service will require potentially additional support supervision or assistance; therefore, the assessment period fees will be higher for the first month until stepdown determination is made by the clinical team. See Fee page.
• Imminent, un-stabilized or persistent behaviors posing danger to self or others (suicidal, aggressive or self-injurious) and possibly requiring more supervision.
• Chronic inappropriate behavior which disrupts, or could potentially disrupt, the facility’s activities or is harmful to self or others.
• Current misdemeanor legal charges or court ordered.